Another couple bug reports have trickled in for Another Star, including one that many people may not even realize is a bug. I’ll talk about that one first.
Whenever you finish a battle in Another Star, after the victory fanfare plays the map music will continue. Now, the music should pick up where it left off. If the map music restarts at the beginning after every battle, that’s not me trying to invoke nostalgia. That’s a bug.
If it’s happening to you, please get in touch with me and include your system specs. I’m trying to track down whether this is a threading issue, an OpenAL issue, a specific sound card issue, or something else. In case you don’t already know, here’s how to get the information about your system using the DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
- Hold down the Windows Key and press R to bring up the “Run” dialog box.
- Type in
dxdiagand press enter.
- When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool appears, click “Save All Information…” at the bottom.
- Choose somewhere on your computer to save the resulting text file.
- Now, go to the text file and open it with your text editor of choice.
- All I need is the “System Information” and “Sound Devices” categories.
Just copy those parts to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Also, thank you in advance!)
Anyway, the second bug is far more minor. Apparently, if import the game into your Steam library and try to play it that way, the game will hang on the loading screen. This isn’t an anti-Valve statement, it’s just a bug. As this would obviously be a problem if the game was ever submitted and passed through Steam Greenlight, I’ll try to fix it by the next version.
Unless any major issues show up, you can expect the next patch around late April.