Have a project that needs to get done? Looking for someone to do the job? Need help with illustration, animation, game development, or web design? Well then, I might just be able to help you out!
Now I could spend the next few paragraphs selling myself, but I'd like to think my past work speaks loud enough for itself about what I can accomplish. You can view some samples of my past work here on my personal portfolio site. I think it's sufficent enough to simply point out that I have years of experience working with clients and timely delivering my services, and leave it at that.
If you're just an individual looking for some cool artwork, check out my commissions page. Otherwise, let's talk business.
What Can I Do For You?
So, what is it you're looking for? I've got skills and experience in a wide range of artistic fields. Here's a few of the services I can provide.
- Graphic Design
- Game Development
- Music Composition
- Web Design
Terms and Restrictions
As with my commissions, I have conditions concerning my work and how it can be used.
- First and foremost, I reserve the right to refuse any freelance offer.
- There will be a short contract to sign before I can begin work. It's meant to protect both of us, so be sure to read it carefully and voice any questions or objections before putting your name on it. Don't worry: it'll be in plain English so it's easy to see what you're agreeing to.
- For larger projects, I may require part of the price of the project to be paid in advance (usually half). You will not owe anything until after the contract is signed, but I will not begin work on the project until that first payment is made. I may accept alternative payment plans, such as ones based on project milestones, but for big projects I will almost always still require something up-front.
- The conditions of use for the final product will be laid out in the contract.
- The copyright of the work provided is negotiated on a case-by-case basis. In cases where the copyright will be transfered to you or your company, the transfer will not legally take place until the payment has been made in full.
- Even if the copyright is transfered to you, I do reserve the right to display my work (or portions of my work) for the purposes of self-promotion.
- Absolutely no “spec work” or “test sketches”. I have plenty of examples of my artwork, and you are hiring me based on those. DO NOT contact me with anything you do not intend to pay for.
Pricing and Payment
It's difficult to give even a ballpark figure on what a job is going to cost until I know more about what you want. When you contact me, and we've had a chance to talk about what it is you're looking for, then I'll be able to give you a more specific quote on price. When deciding on this price, I take several things into account, including:
- How complicated the project will be.
- How long it will take me.
- The deadline you need it by.
- How it will be used.
You're also perfectly welcome to offer a price of your own as a starting point if you have a budget you're trying to work in. Either way, once negotiated the price will be set in stone for the most part. However, the price is subject to change if:
- You request a change to what was previously agreed on after I have already begun work on it.
- You decide to add more to the project than was agreed to.
- You want to move the deadline up to an earlier date.
If you want to make a change that affects the price, I will notify you before continuing work on the project.
As noted earlier, after we come to an agreement on the price and deadline I may require part of the price in advance (usually half), depending on the size of the project and other circumstances. If the price goes up because of requested changes you won't normally need to pay anything more until the project is complete, unless you've requested a major change. On the other hand, if you decide to make changes to the project to lower costs and it somehow ends up being lower than the advance (as you might imagine this doesn't happen very often), you will get the difference back after the project is completed.
And again, as need be, we can try to work out an alternate payment plan that works for your project. I normally accept payment via PayPal, but if that's not available in your country please let me know ahead of time so I can arrange something else.
Alright, so are you ready to get thing moving? Send an email my way explaining who you are and what it is you want. Please do not send attachments without asking first or else my spam filter will probably eat your email and I'll never know you were even trying to contact me. Once I get your email we can work from there to negotiate terms and a price. Unless you're contacting me with a big project, it shouldn't take too long to come to an agreement and get started.
I look forward to hearing from you!